Monday, July 20, 2009

love runs deep

It's currently 6:06 am , Philippine time. I woke up just to talk to people in Canada.
Anyway I've only been here 4 days and I have loved every bit of it, except the trip to my lola's house. I always knew she lived within the ghetto and shes surrounded by all these people who live off 250 pesos and have 9 children. I used to live in my lola's house but that was 10 years ago and since then homeless people have built houses beside houses made out of steel sheets. 5 years really did make a huge difference too, and I really want my lola to stop living in that house RIGHT NOW. It canNOT be safe in there. She gets teary eyed to the thought of leaving that house as she spent almost 50 years there. But things change, what was once clean and safe 50 years ago is not clean and safe now. When it rains, water gets in her house and floods the floor. There's mice in there.. and it's just too crowded with things she's kept over the years.

My mom and my tita sat down with her and told her she can't keep living there. That this time, she really has to move. This has been an issue for a long time, she just won't leave. Knowing my lola, she's like my mom. She has many inhibitions. Sometimes pessimistic. But her health could be in hazard with the living condition she's in.

I think she's scared of losing the memories she's had in that house I mean, not only my mom's my uncle's and my aunt's childhood were spent there, but also a little bit of mine and my cousins. Most of all, the memories of the beloved love of her life, my lolo's memories. He died when he was only 49, my mom was 13. I think she wants to preserve his aura. Another thing is that, I think my lola sees the house as its old image. But this is it, we're gonna drag her out.

Anyway, I also saw my friends Anya and Jasmin yesterday, and must I say, it's like I took a long vacation, and nothing has changed. It wasn't awkward and I still felt okay to tell them my secrets. It was good catching up, I love them both. I'm sleeping at Jasmin's house tonight, and partying at Paseo de Santa Rosa, which is near my old house. So I'm also gonna see some of my other friends there, and I'm ecstatic about it :)

life's great right now. It's like Canada was only my imagination. Someone might have to drag me out of here to make me leave.


xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment