Tuesday, July 1, 2008

You're so wrong for so many reasons, yet I can't deny you.

"In so many millennia, the humans never did figure love out. How much is physical, how much in the mind? How much accident and how much fate? Why did perfect matches crumble and impossible couples thrive? I don't know any better than they did. Love is simply where it is."
-Kathy, The Host ~Stephenie Meyer.

New Jersey was eventful this year. Yearly, we go to New Jersey and New York City to look at the same exact things we've looked at every single year since 2004. To go talk to the same people we always talk to. To make nice and pretty faces to the aunts and uncles and the long lost great aunts and great uncles. But this year, it was actually productive. Shopping was amazing because I had money. Times square looked brighter than ever. The Statue of Liberty looks the same, but now with more bird poop, I noticed. And for some reason, Jersey shore lost its charm. Must be the heat getting into my head.

Stress for the party is still eating me alive. Summer school on Thursday too. Woo. No actually, I'm excited. I'm ready to whip ass in English.

Anyway, I started The Host because I finally finished Water for Elephants. I'm determined to finish that BOOKS TO READ list I stare at everyday (yeah, it's plastered beside my bed, I sleep and wake at the sight of it). Well I'm done 13 out of 72. ALMOST THERE ;)

And I'm really confused these days. I still want my head to blow up.


xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment