Sunday, January 3, 2010

This is the part I hate the most.

The part when I tell my story about leaving California.

Oh man, these were the days I dreaded. The days I certainly didn't look forward to as I left for this trip. I'm going to miss California more than I miss it whenever I came here before. Just because I've grown up to see how much is missing when family isn't around. Let's face it--I'm not the family type of person. I'm not the type of person to have a really good family life persé but I do have a sense of wanting that family atmosphere that my family (meaning my mom, dad, brother and I) clearly lack. But California seems to bring us all together just because my mom has her mom to turn to, my dad has his long time friends to turn to, my brother and I have our cousins. Tons of them.

So here it comes again, the goodbyes. Back to school again, working and all that drama I left behind. It has been a great Christmas. A great 18 days of holidays.

I miss my friends in Mississauga a lot, but it`s really hard for me to imagine right now getting up in the cold and getting by just fine without missing this place. Not mentioning that I feel at home here without actually being in the Philippines, just because everyone here is Filipino or Mexican, lol, kinda shallow but I like it this way too.

Sigh, but I really do miss everyone I left behind. Shopping has been done. A LOT of shopping has been done and a LOT of eating has been done, now back to really focusing on what's important when I get back. I must enforce those not "new years resolutions" but goals for the year. Which is just to focus on the things and people I love the most. I need to grow up!

I'm really sad I have to go though, really sad. The weather here is just so nice, I can't believe it's sunny and hot in here, and I will have to go back and bunch myself under my blankets and get pale again because of winter. Shovel snow probably, too.

Ugh
Just gotta be happy with whatever.

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment